2. Information we collect from you.
Following are the kind of information that we collect or may collect from you. By using our Services, you are authorizing us to gather, retain, and use such information. Please note that we may store your information in multiple locations including locations outside the United States.
- Registration Information. Using our Services requires you to sign up using your Uber account. When you do so, we will automatically get your information about you that you already shared with Uber. This may include basic information about you such as your name and email address.
- Device Information. We receive information from the devices that you use — whether you access our Services using a phone, website, or some other means. The information may include your IP address, web browser type, information about the operating system for your phone, phone carrier, phone manufacturer, mobile device ID number, mobile sensor data, application installations, device identifiers, mobile advertising identifiers, push notification tokens, and more.
- Communications. If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you. For example, if you decide to email us or contact us through our Services, we may receive your name, email address, phone number, the contents of any message or attachments that you send to us, and other information you choose to provide.
- Payment Method. If you add a credit card or another payment method when using our Services, we (and our third party vendors) will receive information about your credit card or other payment methods.
- Location Information. Our Services will gather information about your location. This is true regardless of whether you are running our Services in the foreground or background of your mobile device. This is necessary for us to provide our Services (e.g. the trivia games on Joyride Trivia is only available when we determine that you actively started a Uber ride).
- Cookies and other technologies. When you use our Services, we may collect information about you through “cookies” or other similar technologies. Such cookies allow us to facilitate your access to our Services and also personalize your experience. Cookies automatically collect information about your activity on our Service, such as the pages you visit, the time of your visit, date of your visit, and any links you click. If we advertise, we (or third parties) may use certain data collected on our Service to show you advertisements on other sites or applications.
3. How we use the information we collect from you.
We use the information we collect from you for the following purposes:
- Provide, improve, expand, and promote our Services;
- Analyze how you and other uses use our Services;
- Communicated with you — either directly or through our partners — for all purposes including for marketing and promotional purposes;
- Personalize your experience with our Services for you and your contacts;
- Send you text messages and push notifications;
- Provide customer support;
- Find and prevent fraud;
- Verify your eligibility and deliver prizes in connection with contests and sweepstakes;
- Perform any other functions or services that we describe to you at the time of collection.
4. How we share the information we collect from you
Here are the ways we share the information we collect from you.
- Services Providers. We work with various third-party service providers to perform services for us. We may share your information with these services provides to facilitate our Services.
- Other Users. If you access or use our Services as a result of a referral from another user, we will share some of your information to let the other user know that you started accessing or using our Services.
- Legally Required Disclosures. We may receive requests from government authorities or law enforcement to share information about you. We may also receive requests from parties involved in a legal proceeding to share information about you (e.g. civil subpoena, criminal subpoena, court orders, discovery requests, etc.). If we determine that the law requires us to do so, we will share your information with such parties. Even when the law does not mandate that we share your information, we may decide to do so if we believe — in our sole discretion — that we need to share the information to protect our rights, our interests, and the safety of us and the general public.
- Other Sharing. We may also share your information if there is ever a situation where we restructure our corporation, merge, or sell our corporation. We may also share your information with our insurance providers to help determine the appropriate insurance needs for our Services. We may also share and information that you consent to share — whether we obtain such consent through the website, our mobile app, or some other means.
5. Your choices
Here are some choices you have when it comes to sharing your information.
- Push Notification. You may opt out of receiving push notifications by adjusting the setting on your device. Please note that you opting out of receiving push notification may materially impact your use of our Services.
- Location Information. You are allowed to prevent your device from sharing location information to our Services. But please note that if you do so, you may not be able to use our Services.
6. Other Information
- Security. We are committed to protect your information. But while we will take reasonable steps to protect your information, please note that no security measures are 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the security of your information.
- Privacy of Minors. We do not allow minors under the age of 18 to use our Services. If we discovered that a minor shared information with us, we will take steps to delete that information.
Contact Information. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
Effective Date: January 1, 2018